Salem Centre (Salem Room)View All Classes
June 17, June 18, and July 9, 2022 (3 Sessions)
7235 Bonneval Rd. Jacksonville, FL. 32256
About this Class
Adventures in Marriage helps couples discover better ways to:
- Meet needs
- Resolve conflict
- Express anger
- Avoid dirty fighting, and
- Understand how their personality styles impact relationships for better or worse.
Fun, practical, and easy to learn, Adventures in Marriage is appropriate for couples at ANY age or stage.
The marriage communication program is designed to reach couples across the spectrum – from happy and highly motivated to struggling and highly stressed.
Benefits of AIM:
- Recognize when your marriage communication style is more of a problem than the actual problem you are facing
- Develop the ability to feel genuine empathy for your partner instead of secret resentment
- Express yourself clearly so that your thoughts and feelings can be recognized and understood without causing your spouse to feel defensive, resentful, overwhelmed, manipulated or inadequate
- Avoid the mind reading that so often leads to misunderstanding between couples, and learn to avoid assumptions
- Express and accept anger without destroying love
- Fight in such a way that you resolve the issues at hand and actually feel closer to your spouse
- Acknowledge and enjoy the differences between you and your spouse, rather than seeing him/her as a threat
- Understand what went wrong in previous relationships or what is going wrong now